Take a Road Trip Through the White Mountains
Evan's Notch, at an elevation of 1410 ft is a delightful forest drive through the many mountain passes of the White Mountains. This area has many hiking trails and road side spots to enjoy the Wild River or mountain views.
- Start from Gorham on Route 2 East to Gilead, Maine (approx. 11.3 miles)
- Turn right on the Route 113 through Evan's Notch towards North Conway (approx. 26.8 miles)
- Route 113 will end in North Conway area.
Pinkham Notch is one of the most popular Notches with the many scenic vistas, Dolly Copp Campground, Spots along the Peabody River, the entrance to the Mt. Washington Auto Road, Wildcat Mountain and the AMC Center. It's elevation is 2032 ft and offers great views of Mt. Washington and the valley. This scenic drive takes you partically through the White Mountain National Forest.
- From Gorham drive South on Route 16 towards Jackson. The drive is 19.9 mile to Jackson Village.
Androscoggin River Run
- Take a trip along the Androscoggin River towards Errol, NH. See the main waterway which was utilized to float thousands of timber down the river during the 1800 through the early 1900's. This scenic drive is a great trek to see the river next to the Route 16 with many places to stop for pictures or a picnic. During the evening hours, this area may reveal a Moose or other game.
- From Gorham, drive North on Route 16 towards Errol, NH. This trip is 36 miles to Errol. At Errol you can visit L.L. Cote's General Store and Outdoor Outfitter.
- Check out Crawford Notch which is a short drive from Gorham. Experience the Twin Mountain region, Bretton Woods, Mt. Washington Hotel and top of Crawford Notch. Crawford Notch is one of the most popular notches and has a narrow pass less then 100 ft wide at approximately 1900 ft.
- From Gorham, drive North on Route 2 towards Lancaster, NH. for 13.8 miles to Route 115.
- Turn left on Route 115 towards Carrol, NH for 9.4 Miles.
- At the intersection of Route 115 and Route 3 turn left for 1.7 miles to the intersection of Route 3 and US302.
- Turn left onto US302 East towards North Conway. Travel for 8.6 miles to the crest of Crawford Notch.
- This area has many hiking trails along the way, picnic areas.